STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
MATHEMATICS LEARNING LABORATORY
1. Vision and Mission
Facilitating mathematics learning that supports the competence of professional math teachers
1) Facilitate the meaning of learning mathematics.
2) Increase the motivation of learning mathematics.
3) Create hands-on activity-based learning.
4) Develop student mathematics creativity skills.
5) Create a comfortable and pleasant learning atmosphere.
1) In charge: Mathematics Education Program.
2) Chairman : Dra. Nurjanah, M.Pd.
3) Members :
- Dra. Hj. Ade Rohayati, M.Pd.
- Drs. H. Erman Suherman, M.Pd.
- Tia Purniati, S.Pd., M.Pd.
1. Procurement of Tools and Materials
- The head of the mathematics learning laboratory lists the tools and materials needed for the manufacture of props.
- Apply the necessary tools and materials to the Mathematics Education Program for yearly purposes.
- If there is material needed by students in the manufacture of props in the course media learning mathematics and not yet available, then the needs are recorded then submitted to the Mathematics Education Program.
2. Procurement of Finished Props
- The head of the mathematics learning laboratory made a list of props that needed to be purchased according to the needs.
- Apply for it to the Mathematics Education Department.
3. Making Props
Procedures to be taken:
- Students of mathematics learning media courses submit the necessary materials to make props of both type and size through lecturers who teach those courses in their classes.
- To make props are done in the workshop that has been available with the agreed schedule in advance.
- Alternatively, students are allowed to make the props in their own homes.
- If the necessary tools are not available in the workshop such as tools for welding, then welding work can be done outside.
- Materials and tools used for the purpose of making props are stored in the workshop.
- Tools / props that have been displayed (tailored to the needs of the maintained tools) for the purposes of the lecture Media Learning Mathematics and to serve the visiting guests.
- Existing props are stored according to the grouping by type.
- Storage of props to avoid direct sunlight, for such purposes is required curtains.
The existing tools / props are cleaned periodically (once a week).
- In everyday life (not being used) the laboratory of mathematical learning should always be locked.
- If there are students who will be guidance to lecturers whose room is next to the math learning laboratory, then enter and exit through the west door.
- Mathematics learning laboratories can only be used for lecture purposes related to props.
- Every visitor to the mathematics learning laboratory is allowed to observe, manipulate for added insights, but it is not allowed to photograph the tools/ props that are in the mathematics learning laboratory.
- Once the tool / props have finished use should be stored back in the original place.
- Props may be borrowed (during the agreed time) by:
- Students for the purposes of lectures, community service, and professional training programs.
- Lecturers for the purpose of implementing the tri dharma of universities.
- Procedure for borrowing props:
- The borrower fills out a loan form signed by the head of the Mathematical Learning Laboratory or who represents him or her as a licenser.
- Picking up borrowed props should be with the management of the Mathematics Learning Laboratory.
- The return of borrowed props must be with the caretaker of the Mathematics Learning Laboratory.
- Improvements are made to props that are still good, but there are components that need to be repaired, for example need to be glued back.
- Repairs were made because the props were damaged.
- Improvements were made due to innovations from existing props.
Bandung, March 19th, 2009
1) Dra. Nurjanah, M.Pd.
2) Dr. Dadang Juandi, M.Si.
3) Dra. Hj. Ade Rohayati, M.Pd.
4) Drs. H. Erman Suherman, M.Pd.
5) Tia Purniati, S.Pd., M.Pd.