MATHEMATICS COURSE PROFILE
|2||Study Program Management Unit||Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences Education|
|3||Address PS||FPMIPA Building
Jl. Dr. Setiabudhi No. 299 Bandung
|6||№. Phone /Facsimile PS||022-2004508|
|7||PS Homepage and E-mail||http://matematika.upi.edu,|
|9||Establishment of Study Program||181/DIKTI/Kep/1998|
|10||Operational License Sk Number (*) :||1036/UN40/DT/2015|
|11||Date of Operational License||February 6th, 2015|
|12||Last Accreditation Rating||B
|13||Quality Management System||ISO 9001:2008, No.48265/A/0001/UK/En. Sep 28, 2011, Expiry Date: September 27, 2017. (Accredited by URS)|
|14||Degree||S.Mat. (Bachelor of Mathematics)|
|15||Terms of Entry||Graduated from College Testing through SBMPTN, SNMPTN and UM UPI|
|16||Length of Study||4 Years (8 semesters)|
|17||Number of SKS||150 SKS|
|18||Title stipulated||Bachelor of Mathematics (S.Mat)|
|19.||Brief description (At-a-glance history of the Prodi)||The Mathematics Study Program was established on April 15, 1998 with a decree from the Directorate General of Higher Education number 910/D/T/98, and the operational license is set out in the Rector’s Regulation of the Indonesian University of Education No. 1036/UN40/DT/2015.
FPMIPA UPI Mathematics Study Program is a study program established in response to the government’s demands in this case the Directorate General of Dikti, starting from 6 ikip pieces namely IKIP: Bandung, Jakarta, Manado, Semarang, Surabaya and Medan received the expansion of the mandate. At that time the Director General of DIKTI was Prof. Dr. Bambang Suhendro while the Rector of IKIP Bandung who was in office was Prof. Dr. H. Mohammad Fakry Gaffar, M.Ed. The Mathematics Study Program was under the Department of Mathematics Education, where his birth was triggered by masayarakat demands for a workforce of mathematics experts who can solve problems in the world of work in general, not limited to the field of education alone. At the beginning of the prodi. Mathematics was led directly by the Head of the Department of Mathematics Education, Drs, Kosim Rukmana, M.Si, but since 2005 led by a head of the study program, Siti Fatimah, M.Si., Ph.d who was in the implementation together with the head of the study program, Siti Fatimah, M.Si., Ph.d who was in the implementation together with the head of the study program. Mathematics Education namely Dra. Nurjanah, M.Pd moved the wheel of the study program under the coordination of the head of the Department of Mathematics Education, Prof. Yaya S Kusumah, M.Sc, Ph.D. Since October 27, 2014 the name of the Department of Mathematics education changed to the Department of Mathematics Education, this is enuted in the Rector Regulation of the Indonesian University of Education No. 6637/UN40/HK/2014.
The accreditation rating of the Current Mathematics Study Program is B with SK BAN PT Number 049/BAN-PT/Ak-XIV/S1/I/2012 valid until January 13, 2017.
The profile of the Mathematics Study Program is producing graduates as mathematicians, researchers and practitioners. Graduate jobs are in various government and private institutions, among others: Banks, Pusan Statistics Agency, Ministry of Home Affairs, insurance services companies, various educational institutions and others. The degree given to alumni of the Mathematics study program is S.Si (Bachelor of Science) and since February 6, 2015 the degree is adjusted to the name of Bachelor of Mathematics (S. Mat), this is set out in the Rector Regulation of the Indonesian University of Education No. 1037/UN40/HK/2015.
The curriculum structure to realize the profile consists of 150 SKS, which is divided into The Core Curriculum (134 SKS) and Elective Curriculum (16 SKS) selected from 84 SKS spread in 4 concentrations of study fields (KBK). The core curriculum is intended to provide generic knowledge as a mathematician, researcher and practitioner, while the elective curriculum is intended to provide additional competencies tailored to the concentration of the selected field of study students. The concentration of the field of study offered is the concentration of algebra, analysis, statistics, and applied. To provide supplies in the applicator state, some courses are equipped with practicum that uses various computer software in the laboratory and internships in various government and private agencies. In addition, cross fertilization principles are applied to strengthen the learning process.
The Mathematics Study Program has partnered with various government and private agencies as a place of practice internship that provides students to face the world of work after graduating from the study program. To improve the quality of lecturers, the department also partnered with the Association of Indonesia Matematics Society (INDO MS) which always organizes activities both to increase the insight of lecturers as individuals, as well as activities to improve the quality of the prodi in accordance with the demands of the government (DIKTI) as well as the demands of the general public and the demands of the world of work. Currently the Ministry of Mathematics Education has a network of international cooperation with several leading universities, such as Chiba University and Gunma University Japan. Several lecturers are actively involved in research cooperation with the two universities.
|20.||Vision||Mathematics Study Program as a Pioneering and Superior study program in Mathematics Education at the national, regional, and international level|
|21.||Mission||1. conduct education to prepare aspiring mathematicians who are accomplished, creative, superior, professional, and globally competitive;
2. to conduct research in the field of mathematics as the foundation of the education and community service process;
3. to conduct community service based on the results of research in the field of mathematics;
4. to conduct the internationalization of education through the development and development of networks and partnerships at the national, regional, and international level.
5. Empower all resources owned by utilizing information and communication technology engineering (ICT) in learning and research.
|22.||Graduate Competency||Able to achieve competencies in accordance with KKNI level 6 from KKNI, namely:
|23||Course Objectives||1. Produce a mathematics scholar who has personality, achievement, creative, superior, professional, and global competitiveness, and is able to collaborate and compete in mathematics;
2. Develop research in the field of mathematics relevant to the development of science and technology so that innovations will be generated in the field of mathematics;
3. Support the implementation of community service and activities based on research results in the field of mathematics;
4. Develop cooperation (collaboration) with various institutions in the country and abroad to improve the performance of lecturers and students in the study of mathematics and research in the field of mathematics;
5. Support lecturers and students to utilize information and communication technology engineering (ICT) in learning and research.
|24.||Learning Outcomes||1. Become a citizen who believes and believes in the One True God, is proud and loves the homeland, and has a good moral, ethical and personality.
2. Have the ability and ability to make informed and professional decisions based on the results of analysis of information and data, and can choose alternative solutions independently and group in solving problems in the work environment that they face in accordance with the context to obtain the best results.
3. Mastering and being able to actively apply the use of various mathematical modeling techniques based on SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, as well as being able to solve mathematical problems and be able to adapt in the siatuasi faced through the implementation of appropriate mathematical models, approaches, and methods.
4. Mastering the general concepts and principles of mathematics and depth in one of the fields (concentration): statistics, algebra, analysis, and applied, as the basis for working, further study, and becoming a lifelong learner.
5. Understand and master knowledge, skills, and attitudes that reflect as a mathematician; able to adjust; strategic decisions, and provide alternative solutions based on mathematical research.
6. Able to think logically, innovatively, and creatively in order to improve self-capability, the efficiency of the implementation of work, and the quality and productivity of the work.
7. Able to plan and manage resources under his responsibility by utilizing knowledge and technology related to the field of mathematics to produce strategic development measures of the organization.